Friday, December 17, 2010

Reflective Blog Entry

When I first started out in the DLC... I was not at all self disciplined, I did not have a great sense of time management, And I joked around to much. I feel that in the 2nd quarter I improved a good amount. I think improvement is still on its way but i think i can accomplish it.

As for my proudest moment..I think it was just a yesterday when we were taking the Sam's test. As i came into the room not feeling good about my 89% i realized that the average person kept getting 74% or 79%.. I think that was a great moment for me. It felt nice doing good.. I enjoyed that feeling greatly.

The most challenging thing was most likely the debate. I felt I could not communicate with my group. Due to this lack of communication we were the only lincoln group that lost. I HATED this moment. It was the worst...

My favorite thing about the DLC is the people. Just the people in particular. Nice, kind people. Closed, hardworking people. Funny, cool people. I like the compatibility. Yet we are all different. We are the same and yet we are different. That is what I love...
All I hope for in the 3rd quarter is a good time..

Now that I have said what I need to on the prompt I want to say a little bit of stuff about me. When I was 12 I came to Sunrise Middle School. I only knew 3 people. Danielle, Brandt, And Devon G. All 3 of us were going to Shea according to district. Yet we didn't want to go there. Bad things happened there. So, Looking for a better way we came to sunrise. At Mercury Mine (school we went to) we really didn't know each other. Sunrise made us come together. Now Dani's best friend appears to be Kira, Devon... He has the coolest attitude ever. He doesn't care what people think, he does everything in a DEVON style, And is himself. That is what I appreciate in him. Dani has a quite attitude in school but wont shut up after :) And Brandt. Brandt is Brandt. All these things changed me. My emotions pushed to its limits for the first of times. But i realized.. Its time in darkness when you truly see the light

3 comments:

  1. I think that it is good that you know what you have to work on, and that you are willing to accomplish that. It is also good that you believe you can do it, and you don't just settle for what you know you can fix. I think that before second quarter ends, you will have accomplished becoming more self-disciplined and better with time management. Do you have any ideas of how you want to achieve those goals?

    On the SAMS test, congratulations. You should be proud of yourself for that. I agree that it is an awesome feeling when you get something right.

    As for the debates, communication was a difficult topic to overcome. However, I do you think you had the content you needed, so it was not a bad presentation. What do you think you could have done differently?

    I do agree that the people in the DLC are amazing, and there is a lot of compatibility. We are equal yet all unique, I and agree with you that that is great about the DLC.

    I am glad you were pushed to the limit with your emotions, because it helps you grow as a person. It must have nice for you to reach that realization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, umm that last line was poetic and deep. I think that it is great that you have a goal for where you want to be at the end of the year. I can really tell that you are starting to change from a slacker to an "over-achiever" (that's not a bad thing). As you know you and I have had some issues in the past, so it was nice for me to see your perspective. Wow! I wish i did that good on SAMS testing! You should really be proud of that. I really think that your description of DLC was on the dot. "My favorite thing about the DLC is the people. Just the people in particular. Nice, kind people. Closed, hardworking people. Funny, cool people. I like the compatibility. Yet we are all different. We are the same and yet we are different. That is what I love..." Sinai. I also think its great that you can go from knowing 3 or so people to being one of the most popular guys at school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great tone, like that of a storyteller. I think you have a gift for sharing your experiences and thoughts with others, especially that last line. That last line ran deep. Have you always been that thoughtful or is that another way you've changed?

    ReplyDelete