Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Self Reflection

1)How did I feel during planning this presentation? Why did I feel this way?

I felt as if it was of great difficulty. To plan we did not have a significant amount of time. I felt as if we could have done amazingly better if more time was given. We worked in the time we had and we brought out the best we could.

2)How did I feel prior to presenting? Why did I feel this way?

Prior to presenting I was extremely anxious. I was scared. Scared of the outcome, of what people might think, If I stuttered, If my words were un-hearable or mispronounced, If I broke down. A lot went through my head prior to presentations.

3)How did I feel while I was presenting? Why did I feel this way?

I felt confident for the most part. I got up there said what I had to and sat down. I actually added a lot during my span of time. It was not until I went back to my seat that I noticed was uncontrollably shaking.

4)What did I personally do well?

I think I engaged the crowd. I go them involved so it was not such a boring lesson.

5)What did not go as desired in this presentation?

A few times I got tongue tied and that really in my opinion effected the quality.

6)On a scale from 1-10, how well do I think I understood the content? Explain.

As introduction, research was not a big thing that was needed. I needed to introduce, roughly go over everyone else’s things, and sit back down.

7) How do I think my group members perceived me? Why do I think this?

I would like to think they perceived me well. I thought I did a good job. Again that could just me wishful thinking.

8)How do I think the 8th graders perceived me? Why do I think this?

I thought they liked me. I saw some smiles in the crowd.

9)Knowing that I can only control how I act and react, if I could do this presentation again, what would I change about my actions to make it a more ideal experience?

I would have written more. Elaborated farther. It would have increased the quality of my introduction.

10) What are my strengths in groups?

Tyler: Great keynote quality

Bryan: Was absent but takes care of business.

DJ: Great Chi boaster.

Connor: Good Keynotes

11)What areas do I need improvement?

I need to improve in length of script.

12)What is the most important thing I learned about myself? Why is this so important?

I learned that I have to engage the crowd so that they may see that “Wow this is fun” It will not be a boring experience for them and then I’m happy that they are too.

13)Are there any other things that I need to express?

I liked my group as a whole.

4 comments:

  1. Sinai, I don't really have any helpful advice for you as of right now. You are confident and a good presenter. I guess that if you ever have "leftover time" in a group project (after elaborating, of course), make sure you help your group out if they need. - Keara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you definitely are a happy kid and have good people skills, but I think you came across a little overbearing and off topic when you tried to engage the audience. Maybe it was just me. HOWEVER! I think that with just a few teeny changes you could make a GREAT presenter, and engage the audience exactly how you want to. Also, I think you should have studied the content a little more. Not that it showed in your presentation, just from reading your post. It's only because Miss Bailin will probably end up using the content later, and it's always better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally thought that you did a very good job in engaging the audience, maybe a little distracting, but you did a good job. And when you get the shakes, try to focus on your breathing, a lot of the time that, and some other exercises, (some of which would be a bit more noticeable than just focusing) tend to help a lot, calm yourself, think of somewhere you would really like to be at the moment, don't fall asleep or daydream, just think of somewhere while you breath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were one of the better presenters as far as engaging the audience went. You're generally a very charismatic person, so I imagine it was easy for you to do so.
    If you had made a few changes to your content and had practiced a little more so you could be more confident in front of the audience, you would have done pretty well.

    ReplyDelete